Adele Momoko Fraser
- News and working in a newsroom environment
- East Asian (Particularly Sino-Japanese) Politics and Culture
- My final year dissertation ‘Japanese Democracy? How is Japanese press freedom vulnerable to state abuse?’ explored how due to the existence of 3 main factors (unchecked state power, the media’s organisational structure and self censorship by journalists), the Japanese mass media is susceptible to state influence.
- Westminster Politics
- US Politics
- SKY NEWS (Freelance) 2017
I am an Output Producer at Sky News, on their flagship breakfast programme Sunrise.
My responsibilities include:
- Writing cues, links and suggested guest questions
- Editing Olays and Grabs using Clean Edit
- Use iNews to help build hourly rundowns
- Finding archive footage using Ardome
- Creating graphics and anamorphics
- Liaising with and briefing guests
- Channel 4 News (Freelance) 2017
I work as an Assistant News Editor on a busy and fast paced news desk. Among other things, I liaise with producers, reporters and crews, assigning relevant people to jobs throughout the day. I also keep across picture using AVID and breaking news wires in iNews.
- SKY NEWS (Work Placement) 2017
I was previously an intern on Sunrise, for one night shift a week as part of a 10-week placement.
- BBC Bristol (Part time) 2016-2017
8 month research position where I worked one day a week for BBC Bristol political correspondent Paul Barltrop. I carried out research for his news packages and assisted him when out shooting or interviewing.
- Times Foreign Desk (Work Placement) 2017
Researched and liaised with relevant departments to create infographics used in both online and print. Researched for unaccredited supplementary articles in the World section.
- Al Jazeera English (Internship) 2015
During my five-week internship at their headquarters in Doha, Qatar, I worked on a busy news desk for both Online and TV. I also gained practical experience in researching for a major organisation, writing online stories and editing video into news packages.
- Channel 4 News (Work Placement) 2013
At Channel 4 News I worked in the Politics, Foreign Affairs, and Home Affairs departments and contributed to stories ranging from the conflict in Syria to the increasing popularity of UKIP.
- Epigram (Part time) 2015-2017
In my final year at university I was Online Features Editor of the University of Bristol’s Student Paper, Epigram. I also contributed Feature articles of my own.
- Michael Crick, Channel 4 News Political correspondent (Ad hoc basis) 2016
Over Christmas 2016, I conducted research, which concerned finding news articles, references and writing summaries of texts for a forthcoming book on the life and work of Sir David Butler.
- Sept 2017 – Present, City University
- MA TV Journalism
- Oct 2014 – July 2017, University of Bristol
- BSc Hons Politics and International Relations, 2:1
- Sept 2006 – July 2013, James Allen’s Girls’ School
- A-levels: Japanese – A*, English (Cambridge Pre-U) – D3 (A), Government & Politics – B
- GCSEs: 3 A*s (incl. English & Japanese), 6 As (incl. History, Maths & Italian), and 1 B
- Software: iNews, CMS, WordPress, Adobe Premier Pro, Clean Edit, Excel, Tableau
- Language: Japanese – Fluent in speaking
- Script Writing, Cue and Link Writing, Interview Questions
- Self shooting with Panasonic X1000E/Ag-AC90A AVCCAM
- Media Law, Data Journalism
- Nominated for Best Feature at the 2017 SPA Awards
- Commended in 2012 Cambridge University Vellacott History Prize
- President of Bristol University Politics Society (2015-2016)
- ESB Speech and Drama Exams: Senior Level: Distinction